one! Go to Dashboard I need help
1. Will eyelash extensions hurt my natural lashes?
No. Your lashes have a cycle. Most people will have completely new eyelashes 60 days from now. Every eyelash will have fallen out and began to re grow. This happens in such a way that we don't even notice it. The lash extensions are only applied to existing lashes. They will not affect your eyelash growth.
2. Will eyelash extensions thin out my natural lashes?
Some people may think their lashes look thinner after their extensions come off. This is most likely because they have gotten used to have thick, long, glamorous lashes. In reality, if you choose to let them come off naturally, wait a couple months for the cycle to complete naturally.
3. Will the glue hurt my eyes?
No. Novalash is the only lash brand with adhesive that was developed by physicians. It is safe and it will not be in your eyes. Your eyes will be shut during the application process.
4. How long will my full set last?
This is dependent upon your natural growth cycle and your maintenance of the lash extensions. (I have gotten mine filled every 3 weeks for 5 years now. Admittedly, I do not do a great job at maintaining them. All you need to do to maintain them is brush them, but I never do.) Still, 3 weeks is plenty of fills for me.
But, keep in mind - If you get them filled every 3 weeks, you will have a lot less lash extensions for the final days before they are filled. If you are extremely particular, you may want to get them filled every 2 weeks.
For some people, they may only need a fill every month or even less often.
5. Does lash brand matter?
It certainly has mattered for me. Novalash is the only brand that I have found to be painless, last longer and not irritate my eyes. After trying Novalash, I would never try another brand.
6. Does the eyelash technician matter?
Yes. Do research and go to someone you trust.
7. Can I use mascara with my eyelash extensions?
Yes, but we suggest you use NOVALASH mascara to protect the integrity of your eyelash extensions. If you do not use Novalash mascara, only consider using a water based mascara. Do NOT use oil-based or waterproof mascara. Moreover, when applying safe mascara, start at the middle of the lash and move upward. Avoid starting your application near the base of your lashes to avoid pulling on your lash extensions.
8. Can I swim or shower with my eyelash extensions?
Of course! I wouldn’t have them if you couldn’t swim or shower!
I found a way to wipe water from my eyes in the shower without rubbing my eyes. I have found this to be extremely helpful in maintaining my lashes. I also swim often with my eyelash extensions on.
9. Can I use eyelash curlers with my eyelash extensions?
No, I wouldn’t. And, you shouldn’t need to. Curl that lasts is part of the reason you get extensions in the first place. If you don’t think your lashes are curly enough, give me a call.
10. What is the application process like?
You come into the office. I will answer any questions you have and we will talk about how you would like your lashes to look and feel. Once we have a game plan, you will lie on your back on our massage bed with pillows at your knees and head. (They are not necessary if you’d prefer not to have them.) You will close your eyes. I will put eye pads down to keep your bottom lashes from interfering. I will use clean tools to apply individual lash extensions to each of your natural eyelashes individually. If you are receiving a full set, it should take about two (2) hours. If you are getting a fill, it should be much quicker. Most clients find it so relaxing that they often fall asleep.
11. What is the difference between Classic Lashes and Volume Lashes?
Novalash American Volume Lashes are 2-8 individual ultra lightweight lashes placed on a natural eyelash in the shape of a fan. Classic Novalashes is one extension per natural lash. Volume lashes are NOT clusters. Clusters are pre-made and have a thick base which causes discomfort and is only designed for short term use (usually less than one day). Novalash American Volume Lashes are hand made, high quality fans made by your technician during your application to provide the truly unique and custom look that you’re striving for. They are even more durable and last even longer than the classics.
11. How do I take care of my eyelash extensions?
- Don’t worry - I will give you aftercare instructions when you come in.
- Don’t use heavy water or go swimming just for 12-24 hours after application. The adhesive may not be fully dried and we won’t want to compromise its integrity. We want your lashes to last!
- If using Novalash mascara, avoid the root area.
- Do not use an eyelash curler.
- Brush your lashes daily. This is the most important aftercare practice. Plus, it will help them look even prettier.
- Only use Novalash makeup remover or water based makeup remover. Do not use oil based makeup remover.
- Do not rub your eyes.
- Do not pull on your eyelash extensions.